Fitchburg School District
• We partner with the Fitchburg School District to offer a free, robust instrument instruction
program that would be otherwise unavailable to the students.
• 5th grade students in Fitchburg’s McKay Arts Academy (serving pre-K-8th grade) participate in
weekly instrument and ensemble lessons in trumpet, trombone, flute, saxophone, clarinet, and
percussion, provided by Indian Hill Music.
• In February, Fitchburg students collaborated with a living legend, David Amram, guest artist with the Orchestra of Indian Hill. Students in the Fitchburg H.S. band and McKay Academy worked with our musicians to learn improv techniques, which they demonstrated on stage with David Amram. The standing-room-only concert took place in a lovely gallery at Fitchburg Art Museum.
• We will expand the McKay program each year until it encompasses all students in grades 5-8.
Ayer-Shirley Regional School District
• For 11 years, we provided a band program for 3rd- 5th grade students in Ayer and Shirley
elementary schools. This included: instrument rentals and personalized instruction by Indian Hill faculty (grades 4-5); student concerts; Orchestra of Indian Hill workshops and concerts; and Instrument Petting Zoos at little to no cost to the students’ families.
• Success! The Ayer-Shirley Regional School District, recognizing the immense value of band instruction during the school day, reintegrated it into the elementary school curriculum in 2016.
• Ayer-Shirley band teachers attribute the robust growth in the middle and high school band programs to the district’s long-standing partnership with Indian Hill Music.
• Responding to demand from parents and students, in 2016 we began offering violin lessons for 4th and 5th graders.
• We have also provided free performances, demonstrations, and master classes with Orchestra of Indian Hill renowned guest artists for Ayer-Shirley Middle School band students.
Lawrence School District
In 2018 we began a partnership with the Lawrence School District, where we are adapting our offerings to accommodate their circumstances and needs. This past spring, Indian Hill teachers worked with the three Lawrence High School band students to help prepare them for their spring concerts.
Through our partnership with Littleton Academy, residents of the therapeutic school ages 6 - 12 enjoy a weekly music class with instructor Joe Pierog. The small group classes focus each child's strengths and interests, building skills, trust, and confidence through music.
"She taught me lots of things I don’t know. She kept making us not give up." – Lawrence High School flute player
on instructor Dr. Eileen Yarrison (pictured above)
"Our students love this experience, and I am thrilled to be able to provide them with this opportunity,” commented Ramirez. “I deeply appreciate Indian Hill Music’s commitment to bringing this program to McKay’s students and our community here in Fitchburg."
Principal, McKay Arts Academy
"When we learned of the Indian Hill school partnership program, [our daughter] was excited and so were we. Brooke thoroughly enjoyed learning how to play using her grandfather’s violin and enjoying happy memories of her grandmother. The concert at the end was a joyful event and opportunity for her to showcase her budding talents playing on our family violin."
Indian Hill Music does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, or any other category protected under applicable law in its admissions, education programs, activities, or employment policies.