The musical phrase! How and when does it begin, where does it go, and how does it end? We’ll listen to music with scores and analyze musical phrases to understand bar structure (rhythm, meter, pulse), melody, and harmony. Join us to enhance your ‘active’ listening skills and deepen your experience of both playing and listening to music.
ABOUT OUR PRESENTER: Eric Kamen is an active performer and composer. He has appeared at the Kodaly Music Institute, Jordan Hall, Gardner Museum, Sterling and Francine Clark Art Institute, Sanders Theater, WGBH-TV, and University of Mexico. Formerly on the Longy School of Music faculty, he has served as pianist and assistant conductor for PALS/Voices Boston Children’s Chorus with performances at Tanglewood and the Boston Symphony. As ‘Composer-in-Residence’ with Boston’s City Stage Company, Eric’s original commissioned compositions have been performed at the Mass. State House, Brattle Theater, and on WCRB radio. Other original compositions have been commissioned and performed with Boston Composer’s New Music Series, New England Vocal Arts Ensemble, and Orchestra of Indian Hill.
TICKETS: $15 – advance online sales only
Free for Indian Hill Music students – for student tickets call 978.486.9524 x116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Indian Hill Music is committed to protecting the health and safety of our patrons, musicians, guest artists, and staff as we welcome everyone back to our venues for live music experiences.
Following are the safety protocols currently in place for events in Camilla Blackman Hall at Indian Hill Music:
• It is Indian Hill Music’s policy that everyone in attendance (ages 16+) at concerts/events taking place at Indian Hill Music will need to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 (with at least 14 days having passed since the final dose) or a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the event start time or a negative COVID-19 non-home antigen test taken within 24 hours of the event start time.
• Proof of vaccination or negative test can be shown by either a physical copy or a copy on a smartphone. Such proof must be shown at every event that a patron attends.
• In order to match vaccination records or negative test results to patrons, patrons 18 years and older must display a government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport. Patrons under 18 may use a government-issued photo ID or a school photo ID.
• It is Indian Hill Music’s policy that everyone in attendance at concerts and events taking place at Indian Hill Music will be required to wear a face mask at all times when inside the venue regardless of vaccination status. Masks must completely cover the nose and mouth and comply with the CDC guidelines for acceptable face coverings.
• Seating inside our venue will be socially distanced.
Patron satisfaction is important to us! If you purchase tickets and are unable to adhere to our COVID-19 safety protocols at the time of the event, you may request an exchange, credit or refund of your ticket price.
QUESTIONS? 978.486.9524 x116